Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunday School Spa Treatments Anyone?



Guess what I did today? Again, church was very different today. Sylvia had the idea to show the people here we love them that we should do an old fashioned washing of the feet of all the people here in the church after the services. (like Jesus did to the disciples) To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the idea initially, I'd support her idea because we are a team, and I knew it was important to her. But, you know the amazing thing? It ended up being great. The best part was that Kaden voluntarily came up and wanted to do it with me. And I had already held her for two hours during church. Instead of playing with the other kids, she came up and sat beside me for THREE HOURS helping. (That's how long it took, cause we did about 300 people) Kaden and I did the rinse the feet, dry and add lotion. Kaden was really helping, not just play acting. I have NEVER seen a three year old with such an attention span. (Even my nephew Gabe, who is brilliant.) She is so smart and because she and I were together doing this, the time flew.... we could do anything together and it would be fun - dig a ditch, whatever... and I'd love it simply because we would be together.




She did start out a little tired, but reenergized quickly.

Kaden during church in the dress and bear purse that I gave to her...
Recognize them, Sarah Bachmann? She looked like a princess.



Kaden's hand in mine.

No comments: