Thursday, June 5, 2008

Directions to My House in Kampala- Or Why I Would Never Be a Pizza Delivery Guy in Kampala


Ok- There is no way to send me any mail. I don't have an address. To get to my house, you must first find the Kasanga district and then pass Kabalagala Road. Continue on til you find the Kamapala International University. Then, look for the Blue Triangle Concrete Sign, and then the sign that has about 10 businesses on one sign. Turn Left, go up the hill past the scary Ethiopian restaurant to the Kasanga Middle School and then go right. At the next "street" you will see a dead sapling planted in the middle of a pothole in the middle of the road. Turn left and avoid the dead tree. Head up the hill to our house which is behind a gulag fence with barb wire (for security, not aesthetics) Simple, right? I would never be a delivery driver in Kampala!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to deliver pizzas for Pizza Hut and let me tell you, when I went to Nicaragua, I finally understood first hand why you needed a "driver." It wasn't cuz you couldn't rent a car and get a map, it was because none of the roads were marked and only locals knew what road was what. Well, I guess you're in BFE, but thank God you got your luggage and are having an amazing life changing experience. GO MICHELLE!!!! -Hugs, Lucy

Kaitlin Sue said...

I love this Michelle?

Would you want it to be any other way?