Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday

Sorry that I haven't updated this since Friday, but I've been really busy.
Promise to do it soon.... with pictures but here is the brief rundown
Sunday we went to church at Namyoya and then visited AIDS families
Monday and Tuesday we went to Fort Portal and Kamwenge to visit Torro High School (my second visit, Team Two's first)
Stayed overnight in Fort Portal
Tuesday we went to Kamwenge and in the AM went to a primary school. I did the Henry the Hand Handwashing program and my team did the puppet show... They were awesome.
We visited families, did ceremonies, and ended up exhausted at home at 10 PM
Wednesday, Taylor and I went shopping in town for some things she wanted to take home.
This morning, we are going to Namyoya village where Renata and I have planned a fun day of cleaning kids' ears out, tending wounds and doing minor medical care!! Those of you that know me, pray hard that my weak stomach and my tendency to vomit at bad smells does not get the best of me. Somehow, I think vomiting on someone's child will not make for cross cultural friendships!!!!

No comments: